You will be designing high-performance websites for a wide range of industries. You’ll be analyzing user needs to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity based on analytics and other tools that we utilize to improve the reach and engagement of our clients’ websites. We regularly integrate our websites with other computer applications via API’s. You will also convert written, graphic, audio and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of web and multimedia content. We generally build and manage websites built on the WordPress CMS platform, but we also manage some websites built on several other platforms and believe it or not, we even have some HTML websites under our belt.
As a Web Developer you will typically perform the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Write supporting code for web applications or websites.
- Design, build or maintain websites using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Back up files from websites for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Write, design or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid & properly structured to meet industry standards and it is compatible with all major browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Develop databases that support web applications and websites.
- Perform website tests according to planned schedules, or after any website or product revision.
- Perform or direct website updates.
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Design and implement website security measures, such as firewalls or encryption.
- Incorporate technical considerations into website design plans such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Respond to user email inquiries or set up automated systems to send responses.
- Renew/monitor domain name registrations.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Communicate with network personnel or website hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting websites.
- Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with websites.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Develop website maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals & user needs.
- Develop and document style guidelines for website content.
- Identify or maintain links to and from other websites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Establish appropriate server directory trees.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Register websites with search engines to increase website traffic.
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision.
- Provide clear & detailed descriptions of website specifications such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Create searchable indices for web page content.
- Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- 2-5 years of relative work experience for all necessary work responsibilities.
- Advanced Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Premiere Pro experience is a big plus!
- Proven experience with hands-on development of responsive web applications (send us your portfolio).
- Solid web design knowledge – you should know how to create a web UI that is compelling and functional.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|Job Category||Design, IT, Programming, Web Developer|